The Bard is a unit belonging to The Empire.
The Bard wanders from tavern to town hall, regaling equally the true histories of the realm, and the fantastic stories that are so often taken as fact to raise the spirits of those around them, while filling the Bard’s own purse with gold.
When they aren’t busy guzzling free wine the Bard travels across the land, but as any lone traveler knows the roads between cities are full of vagrants and thieves… fortunately the Bard is a master of Lute-fu, and will use the cunningly concealed blade attached to his Lute to dissuade any would-be thief from hindering his passage.
In battle the Bard is a stoic ally who will empower those nearby with rousing songs of conflict and war. Treat him carefully and silence his song for good, or you may find that the next song he sings will be of your own demise.
Attracted by: Edit
Large Vault + Large Tavern
- Passive Traits
- Entertainer: The Bard is able to fulfill the entertainment need of any unit, regardless of their tastes, allowing them to continue working without distraction.
- A Song of Ice: The Bard is constantly playing an inspiring melody, increasing the damage dealt by nearby friendly units.
- Hardrocker: A corrupted bard can use hardrock to corrupt other creatures in the torture chamber.
- Active Abilities
- A Song of Fire: When the Bard plays this inspiring epic nearby units will enjoy increased movement speed for a period of time.
- Lute-Fu (Special): The Bard enters a state of intense concentration that allows him to dodge all physical attacks whilst wielding his Lute as a weapon, dealing significantly increased damage.